The challenges involved in protecting delicate and expensive items of medical technology during shipment can be extremely complex. Macfarlane’s technical design team has successfully provided bespoke protective packs for such items as:
- Anaesthetic equipment, spares and maintenance products.
- Theatre equipment; high intensity lighting, emergency lamps, hydraulic and electric operating tables and suction equipment.
- Ward equipment; monitors, dialysis machines, defibrillators, autoclaves, sterilisers and cylinder trolleys.
- Examination equipment; x-ray and body scanning machines.
- Dental and laboratory items; calibration and measuring devices.
Specific equipment with features including magnetic and electrostatic sensitivity, lithium batteries, and radioactive components demand specialist measures. Design expertise across a wide range of materials ensures that these issues are addressed, and that the products are safely transported, stored and delivered to their ultimate destination, anywhere in the world.
Accreditation to ISO 9001:2008 – harmonised with ISO 13485 - underlines Macfarlane’s commitment to continuously improving the levels of quality management demanded within the industry.