Component suppliers are usually subject to ‘just in time’ manufacturing pressures, and must ensure that their goods arrive ready for immediate use.
Transit damage can upset assembly schedules and sour relations with their customers. Many suppliers also appreciate the economic and environmental benefits of re-usable packaging.
Drawing on a comprehensive range of materials and constructional techniques, Macfarlane has considerable experience in providing cost-effective bespoke packaging for such items as:
- Alternators, bumpers, suspension components and transmission assemblies for motor vehicles.
- Industrial heating and heat recovery units.
- Solar photovoltaic panels for the house-building industry.
- Windshields and spare parts for agricultural equipment and construction plants.
- Valves and pipeline fittings for the oil, gas and water industries.
- Components for use in power generation equipment.